Page 1 of 1

SOAP request

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:01 pm
by thomas.carroll
Team i am attempting to utilize the SOAP tool within the call flow. I am testing the call using your SOAP tester that PlumVoice offers. the call is set up in the flow under Stellar ACH IVR.

Re: SOAP request

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:56 pm
by shelly.barnett
I am having issues calling a soap server that is currently used with another vendor. The request does not work with the Plum soap tester, but we have run through another tester and request works fine. We find that when we apply the request to the Soap Test or in call flow data is not returned and our request seems not to populate correctly.

Using the soap tester we get the following with the following request

WSDL
https://ivr.paystationdeploy.com/IVRDat ... singlewsdl

Parameter


<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:ns1="https://ivr.paystation.com">
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<ns1:FirstRequest>
<ns1:IVRProfileId>3</ns1:IVRProfileId>
<ns1:CustomerPhone>2061234567</ns1:CustomerPhone>
<ns1:SecurityResponse>0000</ns1:SecurityResponse>
</ns1:FirstRequest>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Raw Request

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:ns1="https://ivr.paystation.com">
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<ns1:FirstRequest/>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Using a different tool

https://wsdlbrowser.com/soapclient?wsdl ... rstRequest

Same Request returns correct response.

We are attempting to not change our current service and use same requests as is. Are we doing something wrong or is there a bug.

Re: SOAP request

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:52 pm
by support
Hey Shelly,

We are reviewing your post now and are working on an answer with a Dev now, we will update you shortly.

Regards,
Plum Support

Re: SOAP request

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:23 pm
by support
After some investigation, we have determined the root of the issue you're experiencing when calling SOAP web services is that your service is hosted via ASP.NET. By itself, hosting on ASP.NET is not an issue, as we have many other clients who are using ASP.NET without issue. However, our system does handle web service requests differently when they are hosted on ASP.NET. This decision was made many years ago in order to enable integration with ASP.NET hosted SOAP services and accommodate ASP.NET's behavior at the time.
As a workaround to this issue, we would suggest wrapping the SOAP service with a REST web service. The simplest implementation would be a single endpoint that accepts two parameters: method name and a JSON string of parameters. These values would be passed on to the SOAP service and the results would be returned to the IVR.
This would be a platform-independent solution, self-hosted, and implemented in a language of your choice.