We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

how to playback a recorded audio saved using call_recording

Questions and answers about Plum Fuse+

Moderators: admin, support

Strats

how to playback a recorded audio saved using call_recording

Post by Strats »

Hi Team,
I am recording the call using a "call_recording" module. How do I listen to the audio without saving it permanently(using web service)?

Thanks,
Strats.

support

Re: how to playback a recorded audio saved using call_record

Post by support »

Hello,

To playback audio from the call_record module you will need to upload the recording using a SOAP, REST or subdialog module.

There is also the record module, which will initiate a one sided voice recording and store it as a variable. This can be played back later in the call or uploaded via web service. Fuse stores audio data in memory temporarily until it is either sent somewhere or the call ends, at which point the audio file is deleted.

Best,
Plum Support

Strats

Post by Strats »

Hi,

I am recording the call using "call_recording" module. In which variable exactly does the .UL audio file gets stored? An attached screenshot explanation would be great.

Thanks,
Strats.

support

Post by support »

Hi,
The call_record module creates a variable to reference the recording, by default it is called call_record. You can reference this variable in a SOAP or REST module to upload the recording via a web-service. For now, this is the only way to access the .UL recording as it is not playable during the call and Fuse+ does not store the file when the call ends.

As far as tutorials go, the Fuse+ documentation has tutorials on how to use the SOAP and REST modules and can be found here: https://fuse.plumvoice.com/documentation

Best,
Plum Support