We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Is it possible to enable ONLY speech input in Yes/No module?

Questions and answers about Plum Fuse+

Moderators: admin, support

Strats

Is it possible to enable ONLY speech input in Yes/No module?

Post by Strats »

Hi Team,
In a Yes/No module I don't want the user to enter 1 for "Yes" and 2 for "No". How do I disable that in my application as I want to enable only speech input in that Yes/No module??

Thanks,
Strats.

support

Re: Is it possible to enable ONLY speech input in Yes/No mod

Post by support »

Hi,

While it isn't possible to completely disable dtmf input, you can check what type of input the caller used by checking the shadow variable for that module and act as if the user did not provide valid input.

We're still working on updating the Fuse+ documentation to include details about shadow variables. But here is a guide if you want to try the shadow variable work-around.

Let's say you have a yes / no module named: `confirm_something`. This will create a variable called `confirm_something` but it will also create a "shadow variable" called `confirm_something$` which has additional properties that you can access. One of those properties is `inputmode` which will contain either the string "voice" or "dtmf". After the caller provides input, you can use the "branch on var" module to check if `confirm_something$.inputmode == voice`, and if it does, you can proceed in the callflow. If it does not, you can play an error prompt and circle back to the yes / no module. Make sure the original yes / no module explicitly prompts the caller to say yes or no, not press 1 for yes and 2 for no.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Plum Support

Strats

Post by Strats »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. It worked.

Thanks,
Strats.

support

Post by support »