We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

How to upload a call_record audio into AWS S3 bucket?

Questions and answers about Plum Fuse+

Moderators: admin, support

Strats

How to upload a call_record audio into AWS S3 bucket?

Post by Strats »

Hi Team,

I am recording a part of the call using "call_recording" module. As said in the documentation, the recorded audio(in .UL format) will be stored in the variable(call_recording). How to I use this variable to upload the recorded audio file to AWS S3 bucket?
Explanation supported with screenshots would be great.

Thanks,
Strats.

support

Re: How to upload a call_record audio into AWS S3 bucket?

Post by support »

Hi Strats,

Unfortunately the authentication process used by AWS S3 requires you to perform a SHA1 signature against each request which is not currently a feature available in Fuse+. If you absolutely need to store your data in S3 we would recommend pushing the recording using the REST module to a custom REST service that you would build which would in turn upload the data to S3. We will definitely mention to our engineers that support for S3 as a target platform would be useful so that they can add it to the feature request list. Please let us know if you need any additional details.

Regards,
Plum Support

zterlizzese

Post by zterlizzese »

I too am working with AWS S3 (Amazon's servers) and would greatly appreciate the ability to easily communicate with data to their system. Is there any way to access/print the raw contents of a "call_recording" object so that we can hash it and send it to Amazon's servers?

Zachary

support

Post by support »

Hi Zachary,
For now, the best option is to utilize the REST module to send the recording stored in the "call_recording" object to a web service (that you build) to hash and send the data to S3.

Best,
Plum support

zterlizzese

Post by zterlizzese »

Understood. I've setup a web service to receive the call_recording. I am using a REST endpoint like this:

Code: Select all

[WebInvoke(Method = "POST", ResponseFormat = WebMessageFormat.Json, BodyStyle = WebMessageBodyStyle.Wrapped, UriTemplate = "REST")]
string receiveAudio(Stream file);
I am then returning the number of bytes read as an early proof of concept. Unfortunately I am reading 0 bytes. Do you have any details that could help me receive this file in a web service (like data type to expect or the format that the data is sent in)?

Thank you for all of your help,

Zachary

support

Post by support »

The MIME type for the call recording is audio/x-wav.