We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Returning variables from 'Goto App' module issues

Questions and answers about Plum Fuse+

Moderators: admin, support

JBodek

Returning variables from 'Goto App' module issues

Post by JBodek »

I was doing some testing where I had one main application handling the overall IVR but another that handled just the API calls (so that could be a central location for all applications that may need to call it). It was working and now I'm getting an unexpected error that I cannot determine based on the logs. Below is hopefully an understandable explanation since I cannot attach an image.

Application 1 uses a 'Goto App' module to call the application 2 where at the first page contains a menu for the caller to select which REST function they'd like to test out (within application 2). From there I use 'Goto Page' to direct it appropriately to a page that just contains the 'REST' module that has all the necessary information filled in to get the information returned. Once the information is returned a 'Goto Page' module kicks me back to the initial page on the application 2 but explicitly to a 'Set Variable' module so that I can populate all the returned API fields into consistent fields which are then used in application 1 after doing 'Exit' in application 2. I did this so I wouldn't have to reference the variables in application 1 one as ModuleName.PageName(from application 2).Variable as populated in application. It was allowing me to name them as ModuleName.Variable.

I see the information being passed between the applications as intended within the logs. However, when I select the menu during the call where I want to hear one of the returned variables (in application 1), it just dumps the call. The error in the log is "Uncaught event: error.semantic.ecmascript". I have previous calls where this was working however, is there a reason this would suddenly change?

The only unexpected item I had in calls where it worked, was a currency value of "29.7" was being read (and logged) as "29.700000762939453" once read aloud. But in all logs (for both applications), it was showing up as "29.7" where it was being returned/move between applications.

support

Re: Returning variables from 'Goto App' module issues

Post by support »

Hi,

The issue you encountered was caused by an unknown bug in Fuse+ where the return data that should come back from a Goto Application call was being lost. The bug was triggered by a very specific set of circumstances that your application was triggering. An update to Fuse+ was pushed out early this morning that should address:
1. The issue with error.semantic.ecmascript referencing a variable returned by Goto App.
2. The issue with using pure Javascript Floating point variables as currency in text-to-speech.

Please let us know if you run into any further issues.

Regards,
Plum Support

JBodek

Re: Returning variables from 'Goto App' module issues

Post by JBodek »

Thank you for the update, I was able to test it out this morning and everything came back as expected.