We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Is there any way for capturing cookies?

Questions and answers about Plum Fuse+

Moderators: admin, support

mushfek0001

Is there any way for capturing cookies?

Post by mushfek0001 »

Hi,

Does any of the modules allow making web requests with cookies?

Let me explain the scenario a bit so that you guys can suggest better. FYI, I'm well aware of REST conventions but we'll be integrating IVR system to one of our legacy APIs that's not stateless and uses cookies. I tried with passing the cookie with header but the problem in that case is I have to retrieve cookies returned from server in the response header Set-Cookie. Now, if I do module$.headers then it gives a JSON object and if there are multiple Set-Cookie headers then it just contains only a single one. I'm guessing others get overwritten as the object is being constructed. So is this a bug in your system or please let me know if there are any way around to this?

Thanks,

support

Re: Is there any way for capturing cookies?

Post by support »

Hi,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have tested and validated that we are seeing the same behaviors that you noted. We have escalated this issue to the Fuse+ dev team as a known bug. We do not currently have an ETA for when this will be fixed, however, we can provide you status updates as we get them from the team.

Regards,
Plum Support

mushfek0001

Post by mushfek0001 »

No problem. I really appreciate you guys being prompt. Btw you didn't answer my original question though.
Does any of the modules allow making web requests with cookies?
Should I take that as a no?

support

Post by support »

Hi,

Sorry about that, the answer to the question is a yes. To expand, you were correct when you were attempting to pass the cookies within the REST module's headers. As you discovered, Fuse+ isn't properly handling the inbound cookies, however, any information you set within the headers should be sent back properly.

Regards,
Plum Support

mushfek0001

Post by mushfek0001 »

It's alright. Thanks for clearing it up.

almubinsultan

Post by almubinsultan »

Hi,

As we are going through the implementation we need to know the ETA for this. As without this our system cant integrate. Can you please talk with team and let us know an ETA?

support

Post by support »

Hi,

Our current ETA for this patch is late next week. We hope to get it ready sooner, and we will let you know when it is deployed.

Regards,
Plum Support

support

Post by support »

Hi,

A patch has been deployed to Fuse+ which adds an additional shadow variable to the REST module, the $.raw_headers. This will allow for 0-indexed array access to the raw header strings. The original $.headers shadow variable object is still available for backwards comparability.

Regards,
Plum Support

mushfek0001

Post by mushfek0001 »

A patch has been deployed to Fuse+ which adds an additional shadow variable to the REST module, the $.raw_headers. This will allow for 0-indexed array access to the raw header strings.
That was of great help! Thanks again for fast response.

almubinsultan

Post by almubinsultan »

Dear concern,

Over this weekend we were moved to PCI environment and after that we have hit the bug again. Can we please have an ETA for the fix in PCI environment?

support

Post by support »

Hi,

An additional patch has been deployed for PCI environment. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Plum Support