We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Play arbitrary audio

Questions and answers about Plum Fuse+

Moderators: admin, support

geq

Play arbitrary audio

Post by geq »

Hello. Is there a way to play arbitrary music, like a welcome music? If so, is it possible to chose the audio file using variables (welcome_1.wav, welcome_2.wav, welcome_x.wav, where the number is a variable). Thank you.

support

Re: Play arbitrary audio

Post by support »

Hi,

You can upload an arbitrary music file into Fuse+ through the audio manager. In the audio manager, you can name your files under the phrase column. Under the action column, you can upload pre-recorded audio for a prompt.

For more details on how to do so please refer to this link:
https://www.plumvoice.com/docs/fuse/audio-manager

Are you looking to have a random welcome music for each customer?

Regards,

Plum Support

geq

Post by geq »

Thank you. Yes, I'd like to play a different welcome music (different versions of it, to make it feel more personalized) on each call. I can build a random phrase ("audio1", "audio2", etc.) with JS and then upload audio files for each phrase, but if I place the variable inside a prompt, the system reads it instead of playing the audio for that phrase. I have built a workaround using compare blocks, but it's messy. Thank you.

support

Post by support »

Hi,

Playing a different welcome music on each call is possible to accomplish, but not directly through Fuse+. You would have to use the Subdialog module and a custom VoiceXML. In this situation, you would need to host your own VoiceXML script and audio files for that Subdialog portion of the application.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Plum Support