We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Sharing phone numbers with Plum DEV

Questions and answers about Plum Fuse+

Moderators: admin, support

mberns

Sharing phone numbers with Plum DEV

Post by mberns »

I have a Fuse + Phone number, I'd like to send an SMS from it. I can do this with Plum DEV. I'd like to share the phone number between the two entities to ensure that my SMS comes from the same phone number as my outbound call.

support

Re: Sharing phone numbers with Plum DEV

Post by support »

Hi,

Only a designated SMS phone number can use the SMS functionality. One number, unfortunately, cannot be utilized for both SMS and outbound calling with an application.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Plum Support

mberns

Post by mberns »

OK - this makes sense. But I have a workflow where I ask a person to opt into a text message via an IVR outbound phone call. It will be weird to send them a text message from a different number. Do you all offer any short code support? Is there no way to send an SMS from a Fuse+ flow?

support

Post by support »

Hi,

SMS is a planned feature that will be in one of our future releases for Fuse+. In order to utilize SMS in your Fuse+ apps, you can always use the Plum Voice SMS API with the REST module. You may contact your sales representative for getting SMS enabled on your account. Unfortunately we do not offer short code support. Perhaps one suggestion, to make the flow more consistent, would be to have two local numbers in the same area code. That would minimize the possible confusion with different numbers.

Regards,
Plum Support