We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Reporting Attempts vs Connections

Questions and answers about Plum Fuse+

Moderators: admin, support

jparnell

Reporting Attempts vs Connections

Post by jparnell »

Hello,

I need to report on outbound attempt counts versus successful connection counts per each application. The best way I've found to do this is pretty cumbersome.

I'm visiting the Outbound Queue screen to count total attempts. Ideally, I could put in a date range and use the count of results at the bottom. However, when I put in a date range, the results do not include failed attempts, they only include successful connections. In order to count the total attempts, I need to use pagination to find my start date, and count how many records until I reach my end date.

If this were changed so that inputting a date range would show total attempts (which is probably how most users expect it to work), this would be great, and I could use VoiceTrends to count the total successful connections.

Is there a better way for me to find a total count of attempts tried, per application for a given date range? I'm also comfortable making API calls if there is a backend way to solve this. Thanks!

admin
Site Admin

Re: Reporting Attempts vs Connections

Post by admin »

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us! We see that you have also submitted a ticket directly to our support team so we will be happy to continue to assist you there.

Regards,
Plum Support

jparnell

Post by jparnell »

Hello there,

My ticket to Support was regarding incorrect numbers appearing on Voicetrends for this week.

This forum post is regarding the challenges of pulling a count of attempts vs. connections. I haven't heard from Support about this topic. Feel free to reply via this forum or directly to me via email. Thanks!

jparnell

Post by jparnell »

Hi there, just following up on this topic. Any suggestions?

support

Post by support »

Hi JR,

Aha, thanks for the clarification on that- we understand the ask now.
We did test in VoiceTrends and determined that the reason we're only displaying successful attempts is due to the date range. It filters out the failed calls because the start time is "--". When looking at the details, it's N/A for starttime but there is a noanswer event with a start time.
This is likely a bug, so we've involved our Fuse+ team to investigate this issue and assess how to proceed to address this bug. This early on in the discussion, we do not have an ETA for the proposed patch date, but we can keep you in the loop.

Unfortunately for now that means doing the cumbersome workaround to get the total count. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Let's check in mid-next week for an update.

Regards,
Plum Support

jparnell

Post by jparnell »

Thanks! Please do keep me posted.

jparnell

Post by jparnell »

Hi there, you suggested that we should check in sometime last week for an update. Would the proposed bugfix change the Outbound Queue screen so that inputting a date range would show total attempts? Are there plans for a patch to be released? Thanks!

support

Post by support »

Hello jparnell,

Good question- this is slated to be included in the next release of Fuse+. This release doesn't have a set exact date but the goal is to have that implemented this Q4 this year. Hope this helpful for now but keep an eye out for news of the next release!

Thank you,
Plum Support

jparnell

Post by jparnell »

Happy October!

I wanted to check in - do you have an approximation of when the Q4 release is scheduled for release? Thanks!

support

Post by support »

Hello!

Looking at our current time-line it appears that this fix is slated for release Mid December.

Regards,
Plum Support

jparnell

Post by jparnell »

Great, thanks very much.

support

Post by support »

Hello,

The issue has been fixed and a patch has been applied!

Please let us know if you see any other oddities.

Regards,
Plum Support

jparnell

Post by jparnell »

Confirmed, I have verified the change. This is very helpful, thanks very much for the fix, and the notification. Now I can easily report on attempts vs connections, hooray!