We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Cepstral

Questions and answers about Plum iOn systems

Moderators: admin, support

yunyun

Cepstral

Post by yunyun »

My boss tells me that Cepstral TTS is much better than AT&T and wants me to create a sample page for testing.
How can I switch to it on one of my phones?

support

AT&T is only TTS engine supported on Plum IVR Hosting si

Post by support »

Hello,

Currently AT&T is the only TTS engine supported on the Plum IVR Hosting site. We are currently in the process of providing users the option of choosing the ASR and TTS engine they want to use per phone number. We have not yet decided on a timeline for this release. If you are using an on-site IVR system you should contact your sales representative to get pricing for TTS upgrades.

Regards,
Plum Support
Last edited by support on Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

hct

Spanish Digits via ASR Toggle?

Post by hct »

Perhaps this situation has improved in the last two years. I know there is a TTS flag accessible at vxml runtime to select the TTS engine. Is there any such way to select the ASR engine, or must Plum Support be contacted for a global ASR toggle?

We are interested in this for outbound calling and would like to be able to serve both Spanish and English speaking people from the same script, thus the need to toggle ASR mid call. For example, digit input ASR works for English numerals, but not Spanish. Thanks.

-Joseph

support

IVR ex demonstrates speech recog for Spanish digits

Post by support »

Hi,

For IVR outbound calling, there isn't a way for you to set a TTS flag to change the TTS engine. We would have to make this change to your account manually.

As for serving Spanish and English speaking people in the same IVR script, you could have an initial page that directs callers to the English version if they enter 1 for English and directs callers to the Spanish version if they enter 2 for Spanish.

For an IVR example: http://support.plumvoice.com/viewtopic.php?t=1037

Also, here's an IVR example that demonstrates speech recognition for Spanish digits:

spanishdigits.php

Code: Select all

<?php
header("Content-type: text/xml");
echo("<?xml version=\"1.0\"?>\n");
?>

<vxml version="2.0" xml:lang="es_us">

<form>

<field name="spanishdigits" type="digits">
<prompt>
<voice name="Miguel">
¿Puede usted incorporar algunos dígitos satisface?
</voice>
</prompt>

<filled>
<prompt>
<voice name="Miguel">
Usted entró <value expr="spanishdigits"/>.
</voice>
</prompt>
</filled>
</field>

</form>
</vxml>
Hope this helps.

Regards,
Plum Support