We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

"Message from ASR engine" error

Questions and answers about Plum iOn systems

Moderators: admin, support

jcooper

"Message from ASR engine" error

Post by jcooper »

Hi, I'm getting the error message below sporadically and would like to know what it means:

error 920XXXXXXX 32 [08/Nov/2008:15:11:26 -0500] 866XXXXXXX 000003;032;1226174575 Message from ASR engine:
Please note there is no text following 'message from asr engine'.

Thanks.

support

IVR error message due to bad grammar

Post by support »

Hi,

Are you viewing this message from your IVR error logs or from your IVR call logs? If you're viewing them from your error logs, they will not show you the cause of that error. However, if you looked at your IVR call logs, you would be able to see a message similar to this:

Message from ASR engine:
---------
SWI_PARSER_XML_SYNTAX_ERROR| XML grammar failed XML validation| SWIxendElement | Specified root rule not found in XML file 'STRING_GRAMMAR'
SWI_PARSER_GEN_ERROR| XML parse error| SWIgramHandlers::endElement | ... in XML file at line 4 char 11

This message would give you a slight idea of what is causing the error. In this case, due to a bad IVR grammar, an IVR error message was generated.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Plum Support
Last edited by support on Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

jcooper

Post by jcooper »

I am unclear whether you are telling me there is a grammar issue in my file or only providing an example of what I should look for.

support

example of what to look for in IVR call logs

Post by support »

Sorry for not being clear.

The previous post is merely an example of what you should look for in your IVR call logs.

Regards,
Plum Support