We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Passing $0 USD currency

Questions and answers about IVR programming for Plum DEV

Moderators: admin, support

jtmerch

Passing $0 USD currency

Post by jtmerch »

Hello, when I try to submit $0.00 currency to my server using the voice xml the system says "I Still don't understand" and becomes unstable. It actually still appears to send the amount to my server but instead of the system's speech saying "You entered (whatever amount)", as it's supposed to in my case, it just crashes at that spot and says "I still don't understand".

Could someone tell me how to just get the system to repeat the amount $0.00 and continue? It works fine with all other amounts, even a dime but not $0.00.

Thanks for your help.

support

IVR code issue with reading currency

Post by support »

Can you post some sample IVR code here? The IVR system will only say "I still don't understand" when it has received unrecognizable input, not when it's parsing output for synthesis.
Last edited by support on Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jtmerch

Post by jtmerch »

Hello, here is the xml that does not allow 0.00 when I type it in. I've extracted this from asp.net to the best of my ability.

<field name="TaxAmount" type="currency">
<property name="interdigittimeout" value="35000ms"/>
<prompt>
<voice gender="female" name="lauren"><say-as>Enter the transfer tax amount Then press pound.</say-as></voice>
</prompt>
<filled>
<assign name="taxamount" expr="TaxAmount"/>
<prompt>
<voice gender="female" name="lauren">You entered <say-as type="currency">$<value expr="TaxAmount"/></say-as>,Is this correct? Press 1 to submit the transfer, or 2 for no.</voice>
</prompt>
</filled>
</field>
<field name="confirmAmount">
<grammar type="application/x-jsgf">1|2</grammar>
<property name="interdigittimeout" value="100ms"/>
<filled>"
<if cond="confirmAmount==1">

<submit next="domain goes here" namelist="ClientID TaxAmount" method="post" maxage="0" maxstale="0"/>
<elseif cond="confirmAmount==2"/>
<reprompt/>
<clear namelist="TaxAmount"/>
<else/>
<prompt>
<voice gender="female" name="lauren">invalid selection. please try again.</voice></prompt>
<reprompt/>
</if>
<clear namelist="confirmAmount"/>
</filled>
</field>

admin
Site Admin

IVR code needed to diagnose problem

Post by admin »

Hi,

We ran this IVR code snippet and were able to enter 0# for the amount and hear it read back to us correctly ("you entered zero dollars...").

Please provide a link to this IVR script page on your IVR server and the phone number at which this IVR application is running so we can better diagnose (you might want to send this info in a private message).

Regards,
Plum Support

jtmerch

Post by jtmerch »

Thanks, I am entering 0*00 by the way (for 0 dollars and 0 cents).

jtmerch

Post by jtmerch »

Hmmm, it now appears to be working just fine. I did upload some code changes last night but had no idea that that would change the outcome. Well it seems okay for now. I'll let you know if anything changes, thanks for the quick responses!