We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

When transferring enable privacy mode

Questions and answers about IVR programming for Plum DEV

Moderators: admin, support

ckrosnowski

When transferring enable privacy mode

Post by ckrosnowski »

Hello,
We have a vxml application that will transfer callers to outside telephone numbers. When this transfer occurs, is there a way I can 'hide' the caller id on the telephone number that will be receiving the transfer? By 'hiding' I mean have the caller id come up as restricted, private, out of area, unknown or anonymous.

I believe within SIP there are three headers I would need to set,

party=calling;screen=no;privacy=full

just not sure how to do this within Plum DEV / VXML.

Thank you for the help and suggestions!

Chris

support

Re: When transferring enable privacy mode

Post by support »

Hi Chris,

It is not possible to set the caller ID to restricted/private/out of area/unknown/anonymous through VXML. We have no control over the caller ID text that's displayed to the person receiving the transfer, as this is maintained by the carrier responsible for the phone number being used as the ANI.

Regards,
Plum Support

ckrosnowski

Post by ckrosnowski »

Hello Support,
Thank you for the reply and information. Would control be possible in the PlumVoice "IVR in the Cloud" service? I am actually looking to set this up within Plum's Cloud, so the ANI/telephone number would be one registered within the portal.

Right now we have a PlumVoice IVR server onsite within our organization (running Version 3.1.7) where we have the SIP headers set to full privacy. Could this be configured on a PlumVoice DEV/Cloud account?

Thanks,

Chris

support

Post by support »

Hi Chris,

For Plum DEV, it is possible for you to mask the ANI presented to the user, but the ANI must be all digits. However, you still wouldn't be able to control the caller ID text that's presented to the user as this is controlled by the carrier.

Regards,
Plum Support

ckrosnowski

Post by ckrosnowski »

Hello Support,
Are we certain I can specify ANY digits for ANI? I have ran into instances many times where the ANI I specify must be valid for the carrier I am using to make the call. In some cases, carriers even require the ANI I specify to be linked to my account (e.g. I cannot specify a ANI for a number I do not own).

Not sure if you can look up an old support request, but if you can check out Plum # 14265. After this change was made to our onsite Plum IVR server, all our outgoing calls started showing up as "Restricted" on the receiving end.

Finally, I know with cellphone carriers you can "turn off" the caller id when you make a call to telephone number. Verizon provides instructions here:

http://support.verizonwireless.com/supp ... er_id.html

under "Caller ID Blocking"

That is really what I am attempting to do with the Plum DEV Cloud solution. Sorry for the all the questions. Let me know your thoughts.
Thanks,

Chris

support

Post by support »

Hi Chris,

For Plum DEV, when masking the ANI, the digits must be a valid telephone number. For example:

transfernumber.php:

Code: Select all

<?php
header("Content-type: text/xml");
echo "<?xml version=\"1.0\"?>";
?>
<vxml version="2.0">
  <form>
    <transfer name="xfer" dest="tel:+18667597586;ani=1234567890">
      <prompt>
        Please hold while we attempt to transfer you.
      </prompt>
    </transfer>
  </form>
</vxml>
In this example, when the call is transferred to 866-759-7586, the receiving end of the transfer would see 123-456-7890 displayed on their phone. Please note that there is no 100% guarantee that these digits will always be displayed as it is up to the remote carrier to send this information to the recipient's phone.

Regarding the "privacy mode" implementation for your onsite system, this feature is currently not supported within Plum DEV. We've added your request to our internal feature request page to be considered for future releases, but there is no guarantee on when or if this feature would be implemented.

Regarding your last question, there is no way to turn off caller ID within Plum DEV.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Plum Support