We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Mobile Phones

Questions and answers about IVR programming for Plum DEV

Moderators: admin, support

jmills

Mobile Phones

Post by jmills »

Hello,

I am trying to to send DTMF over my mobile phone, and my application is not picking it up correctly. This happens on various phones. Have you heard of problems mobile phones may have on the plum platform?

Thanks,
John Mills

support

IVR sys- no complaints about DTMF entered via mobile phone

Post by support »

Hello,

We have never received a complaint about DTMF entered via mobile phones not working with our IVR system. However, without further information my first guess would be to try increasing interdigittimeout to allow for the small amount of added input latency when using a mobile phone. This can be a problem if the mobile phone has it's tone length set to long and the user is not terribly quick at entering their information. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Plum Support
Last edited by support on Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

jmills

Post by jmills »

Ok, I incresed the timeout period and seems to be working OK now.

I do have a second question: have you ever seen a variable being passed and having extra characters appended to the end?
Ex: 7346200576.000000

I am setting the variable via the expr attribute under the field name element, from a PHP echo. (

Code: Select all

<field name="mobileNo" expr="<?php echo $mobileNo; ?>"/>
)

It seems like it setting a floating point var.
Any ideas?

-John

support

limitation of the ECMAScript engine on the IVR system

Post by support »

Hello,

This is a general limitation of the ECMAScript engine on the IVR system. All integer assignments larger than 1073741823 are automatically converted to floating point numbers. If you want to use numbers larger than 1073741823 you will need to enclose your expr value in single quotes:

Code: Select all

<field name="mobileNo" expr="'<?=$mobileNo?>'"/>
In this case it seems like you probably mean for the mobileNo to be a string anyway.

Hope This Helps,
Plum Support