We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Outbound call failing with callee type busy

Questions and answers about IVR programming for Plum DEV

Moderators: admin, support

Sparker

Outbound call failing with callee type busy

Post by Sparker »

I have been trying to test a simple project--new to IVR and all involved. I had it working and am simply trying to expand on it. My outbound call is queued and it shows that the calls are being tried, however each time the calls fail after three attempts and show a callee type of "busy". All this and my phone has not rung, nor have I been on my phone. I have tried the call with two phone numbers that have previously worked...

Any ideas?

Sparker

Re: Outbound call failing with callee type busy

Post by Sparker »

Any help on this? It's still occurring and I do not see why...I'm sure it's something I'm overlooking or simply do not know about...but I cannot continue until it's resolved...

support

Post by support »

Hi,

There could be a number of external factors that could be causing the outbound attempt to return busy, whether it be the carrier of the destination phone not connecting the call, the destination phone not being in a service area or a number of other factors. However, if you wouldn't mind posting a snippet of the code you are using to queue/a sample of your IVR script we could give it a try to debug whether or not this issue is code-related.

Regards,
Plum Support

Sparker

Post by Sparker »

Thanks for the reply...I'm definitely in a service area as this wasn't happening even a week ago...and my landline is obviously in a service area...

I think what is happening is maybe when I modify my code and PlumVoice/IVR/VXML doesn't "like it"/it doesn't work, it may simply not be connecting me? Although in the past and even now at times, it will still connect and put me through the code to the point of a "bad fetch", but not consistently and not very often now...

FIRST--what is successful, I can connect to my database, pull the greeting for the questionnaire, play it. Then in the SUBDIALOG, I can pull the first question and the answer choices (multiple) and return those (qPrompt and oPrompt) and also play those.

The problems and "busy" callee types seemed to start happening when I tried to introduce collecting user input. What I want to do--and need to do--is dynamically (thus the subdialog) pull each question and set of possible answer choices, play them via IVR to the person, then collect the response, and then through another subdialog save response to the database. This will be an iterative process as the questionnaire will be ever-changing and will not be guaranteed to be a set number of questions in length.

I also need to be able to collect user response via DTMF and SPEECH...

I feel that what I'm trying doing should be possible, but that I'm missing something, somewhere...

****NOTE I have EVEN stripped out ALL coding to just simply play the greeting and do nothing else "fancy" and I'm still not receiving calls due to the the "busy" callee type...?????

I did not include the Code Behind nor the ASPX page for the Subdialog page, as that is returning the correct information--it's only when I try to add in the

Initial ASPX page

Code: Select all

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="playGreeting.aspx.cs" Inherits="PVTest.playGreeting" %>
<%
    Response.ContentType = "text/xml";
%><?xml version='1.0'?>
<vxml version="2.0">
    <var name="callParam" expr =" '<% =Request["call_parameters"] %>'" />
    <var name="questionToAsk" expr=" 'nothing' " />
    <var name="optionsToSay" expr=" 'nothing' " />
    <form id="Welcome">
    <block>
        <prompt>
            <%=qGreeting.ToString() %>>
        </prompt>
    </block>
    <subdialog name="tryQuest" namelist = "callParam" src="http://XXXXXXXXX/playQuestions.aspx"/>
    <block>
        <assign name="questionToAsk" expr="tryQuest.qPrompt" />
        <assign name="optionsToSay" expr="tryQuest.oPrompt" />
    </block>
    <prompt>
        <value expr="questionToAsk" />
    </prompt>
    <field name="qAnswer" type="boolean">
        <prompt>
           <value expr="optionsToSay" />
        </prompt>
        <filled>
            You selected <value expr="qAnswer" />
        </filled>
    </field>
  </form>
</vxml> 
Code Behind

Code: Select all

callParam = Request["callParams"];

string[] qParams = callParam.Split('|');
            strquestID = qParams[0];
            int questID = Convert.ToInt32(strquestID);
            //int questID = 1;
            HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
            string baseUrl = "http://XXXXXXXXXXXXXX";

client.BaseAddress = new Uri(baseUrl);
            client.DefaultRequestHeaders.Accept.Add(new MediaTypeWithQualityHeaderValue("application/json"));
            string serviceUrl;
            serviceUrl = "api/Questionnaire/" + questID.ToString();

HttpResponseMessage response = client.GetAsync(serviceUrl).Result;
            if (response.IsSuccessStatusCode)
            {
                Questionnaire quest = response.Content.ReadAsAsync<Questionnaire>().Result;
                qt = quest;
                greeting = quest.QuestionnaireGreeting.ToString();
                Session["Questionnaire"] = quest;
            }
            else
            {
                greeting = "No greeting.";
            }

}

support

Post by support »

Hi,

Thanks for that information.

At the moment, the fault does not seem to be in your code, but between the carrier and your phone destination.

We are currently investigating with our carrier to see why we're receiving these busy signals.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Plum Support

support

Post by support »

Hi,

We were able to work with our carrier to isolate and fix the problem.

Please let us know if you continue to experience failed calls using outbound.

Regards,
Plum Support

Sparker

Post by Sparker »

Thank you! I have been working with it today and it has been much better!