We've Moved! Please visit our new and improved forum over at our new portal: https://portal.plumvoice.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

Queuecall vs Queuecalls

Questions and answers about IVR programming for Plum DEV

Moderators: admin, support

Sparker

Queuecall vs Queuecalls

Post by Sparker »

I want to make multiple calls, however I'm attempting to do this via a "foreach loop" in my backend program that initiates my outbound calling. This simply rolls through a record set of numbers/data to call--so essentially, each number is handled separately.

My question is this--can I use the HTTP POST to queuecall.php or must I use the queuecalls approach and use enctype=“multipart/form-data”?

Thank you!
Shawntel

support

Re: Queuecall vs Queuecalls

Post by support »

Hi Shawntel,

Either method is acceptable; it's really a matter of which approach is easier or more convenient for you. The queuecall.php endpoint, as you have been using it, is intended for queuing a single outbound call, whereas the queuecalls.php endpoint was built as a utility to bulk queue multiple outbound calls based on phone numbers specified in an uploaded txt file of contacts, hence the multipart/form-data encoding type.

If you would like to modify your code to use the queuecalls.php endpoint to bulk queue your calls with a single HTTP POST, the procedure for queuing calls would change as such:
When you queue your call, you'll need to change your enctype to multipart/form-data.
Instead of sending the phone_number post parameter, you will need to supply a phone_list parameter instead.
The phone_list parameter will need to be a txt file with comma separated values. Each line of the txt file may contain the following columns:
phone_number, message_reference (optional), call_parameters (optional)
These values should be separated by commas, for example:
"6175551234","some identifier","param1|param2"
This allows you to set an individual message_reference and call_parameters on a per-call basis when queuing in bulk.
or, if you aren't utilizing either of the optional parameters, you would simply need to list the phone numbers of the people you wish to call:
"6175550987"
"6175559879"

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,
Plum Support